This is the way to connect the Aadhaar card number to the PAN card. It is now mandatory to add the Aadhaar card number with PAN card to register an income tax file. If you are trying to find out how it is possible then you have come to the right place.
The good thing is that the whole process is very easy. The option to add a base number with income tax form has been available for the last few years. But the government decided to make it mandatory to link Aadhaar with PAN card this year.
To add the Aadhaar card number to the PAN card, you will have to go to the e-filing website (https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/) and follow these instructions.
1. If you are going to this website for the first time, first click on ** Register Here **. After this, give the details of the PAN card and make the password after the OTP verification. After this you have to log in.
2. If you already have an account, just click on ** Login here **.
3. You must enter your PAN number in UserID. Next, enter the password, and then the cache code.Finally click on ** ** **.
4. After this a pop-up window will appear in which you will be asked to link the Aadhaar number. After that enter the Aadhaar number and then the CAPTCHA code. Finally click ** Link Now **.
5. Do not be alarmed if you do not see a popup window. You can still easily link to both numbers. For this, go to profile settings in the top menu. After this, click on the option ** ** Link Aadhaar.
6. After that, enter your base number and then click on ** Save **.
One thing to note, that this approach will work only when the details of PAN card and Aadhaar card are fully matched. For those whose card details do not match perfectly, the government has tried to simplify this system. Now you only have to give a scan copy of your PAN card for this. Apart from this, the tax department is also planning to offer online options in this regard. It will give taxpayers the option of adding support to their e-filing portal.
We Hope this information will prove to be extremely useful when filing an income tax file for you.